Saturday 11 June 2011

One Man/Woman Band?

Why is it when you become a parent you also become a Pack Horse and a walking One Man/Woman Band?
With the amount of favourite toys I take with me every day whether I am just going to the farm, a quick sprint to the supermarket or any other trip I find that when I walk a musical cocophany follows.
My daughter loves Lamaze toys at the moment and the noiser the better so on go the wrist and feet rattle bugs. On the top of her bag is her musical inch worm *rattle, squeek* and attached to the outside is Captain Calamari *more rattles*.  This is not to mention the several different outfit changes she goes through every day due to her competing with every nappy to wet her clothes and a change for me (as my daughter decides if she likes mummy's outfit and if not a large amount of posseting or mini mil vomit comes up on it, till I change into something she prefers).  The nappies, wipes, bags, changing mat, phone,camera (just in case she has a good picture day).  No wonder I find myself developing arm muscles.
So off we go rattling, squeeking and if we are lucky smiling away to our destination just hope its not a long way as my back aches just thinking about it!

1 comment:

  1. There is hope ! As they get older they can carry their own stuff - I even had my teenager carrying my tent at a festival this year in the rain - now thats payback !!!!

    ReplyDelete