Monday 25 July 2011

Antenatal Depression in pregnancy

Hello all,

Once again thank you for reading (and don't forget to enter the competition for followers - link is in the June section).

Usually my posts are about the funny side of life or reviewing some great baby products, however, this post is different and talks about a couple of issues in pregnancy. 

I've recently completed an interview with a lovely journalist from Workingmums.co.uk and for Mother & Baby magazine talking about antenatal depression as I suffered from this during my recent pregnancy as well as a number of other issues.

I strongly feel that postnatal pregnancy is a widely talked about issue (much more openly confronted than 20-30 years ago) however, antenatal depression is more of a taboo subject and sometimes overlooked or easily missed.

Please take a few minutes to read this article, you may disagree with my opinion, however, if you are having low times in your pregnancy it is important to know you aren't on your own, many women do and some women like me have a lot more lows than highs or even mediums ...just remember you are a remarkable strong woman who will get through this, have faith in yourself and remember you are not alone in your feelings they are as natural as maternal instincts.

Workingmums article can be found following this link.
http://www.workingmums.co.uk/working-mums-magazine/news/3168491/antenatal-depression-the-dark-side-of-pregnancy.thtml

1 comment:

  1. I suffered with antenatal depression during my 3rd pregnancy and Post natal depression after my first. Both were awful periods of my life when I felt guilt ridden for even feeling that way,no-one understood.Thank you for making me realise I was not alone and well done for writing about what I know is a difficult and very taboo subject.

    ReplyDelete